Are you a frequent user of several kinds of expensive creams and cleansers yet your skin looks unhealthy? The health of the skin as observed on the outside shows from the inside. Don’t forget that your skin maintains its organ characteristics of benefiting from a healthy, toxin-free diet just as other organs do.
Here are some nutritional procedures you can use to achieve and maintain a healthy and beautiful skin.
1. Stay HydratedDrinking enough water is essential to staying healthy and for the body to be naturally cleansed, even your skin. Ensure to drink enough water with a minimum of 50-100cl each day. The fact is, all you drink count towards your daily hydration requirements, but caffeinated beverages should be taken less because they exhibit diuretic and dehydrating properties.
Add a sufficient squeeze of lemon juice for liver cleansing. In traditional Chinese medicine, poor skin signifies an unhealthy liver.
2. Consume Healthy FatsThough moisturizers will help in keeping the skin supple and plump, yet, eating healthy fats will produce deeper and healthier effect on your skin.
Olive, fish oils, and flax, as well as expeller-pressed cooking oils like safflower or canola, are useful and should be integrated into the diet. Consume fatty, cold-water fish like salmon at least once a week, but ensure it is from a reputable source, so you don’t overload your body with toxins by eating fish from a toxic water.
3. Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Apart from hydrating the body, consuming fresh veggies and fruits provide essential skin-healthy nutrients and antioxidants like vitamins A, vitamins C, vitamins E, and toxin-absorbing fiber. It is advisable to steam lightly or eat these foods raw so as to preserve their vitamins and antioxidant powers.
4. Nuts and Seeds
They are little but possess essential blood-building nutrients such as iron, and healthy circulation and blood help in having a healthy skin.
Seeds and nuts also have healthy fats, and healthy fats help to keep the skin smooth and glowing.
5. Take Organic Foods
Your body system must be free from toxins before your skin can look healthy, and organic foods are known to be uncontaminated with synthetic pesticides, fertilizers or herbicides.
Synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides are harmful substances that can cause hormonal imbalance, which is strongly connected with acne and other skin complications. This goes for produce, so also meats and milk products.
6. Reduce Consumption Dairy Products
Other than plain yogurt, you should strictly limit your dairy product intake if you want to maintain a healthy skin. The modern dairy products contain hormonal residues or antibiotics, and they contain animal fat which is not a promoter of healthy skin.
7. Reduce Consumptions of Junk and Fast Foods
These kinds of food contain additives such as artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives, as well as unhealthy fats. Since you want to cleanse your skin from the inside, eat whole, fresh foods instead of junk and fast foods.